- This event has passed.
Celebrating Community Led Climate Action in Edinburgh
September 17, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Edinburgh has a proud history of community-led climate action which bodes well for next-stage collaboration.
With support from Communities for Future from ECOLISE – the European network for community-led initiatives on climate change and sustainability – we invite you to a free supper and celebration of what has worked well.
We’ve invited Friends of the Earth Edinburgh, Transition Edinburgh, Edinburgh Climate Coalition, Transition Edinburgh South, Bruntsfield Area Net Zero Action Initiative, Corstorphine Climate Action, Our Future Edinburgh, Edinburgh Climate Festival, Edinburgh & Lothians Regional Equalities Council, NKS Health, SCORE Scotland, Transition Streets Willowbrae, Fairmilehead Energy Hub, Clean Heat Edinburgh Forum, Edinburgh Voluntary Organisations Council and many other SCCAN members – along with our elected Councillors who endorsed Edinburgh’s 2030 Climate Strategy – to share their high points this past decade.
In-person at Augustine United Church, 41 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EL plus we hope some of it is blended so some can attend online.
Doors open 5.30pm for refreshments and viewing the stalls.
- 5.30pm Doors Open – Refreshments + Stalls
- 6.00pm Transition Edinburgh AGM – all welcome
- 6.30pm Introduction to Stories: What has worked well
- 7.00pm Supper served – Main course
- 7.45pm Puddings – Opportunity to move tables to chosen theme:
- Transport / Active Travel
- Food / Growing / Wellbeing
- Energy / Buildings / Retrofit
- Waste / Circular Economy
- 8.20pm Plenary: sharing priorities / new ideas emerging
- 8.25pm Feedback opportunities
- 8.30pm Close of formal part / continuing informally
- 9.00pm Clearing up / out by 9.30pm
To be held in person at Augustine United Church with online access via Zoom – link sent 2 days + 1 hour before. Some items will be recorded.
A collaborative event for European Day for Sustainable Communities hosted by SCCAN – Scottish Communities Climate Action Network with input from EVOC, Our Future Edinburgh, Edinburgh Climate Coalition and Edinburgh Climate Festival.