- This event has passed.
Climate, Community and Active Travel
February 22 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
In this interactive workshop we’ll be talking about what community organisations can do to take action on climate change and help reduce car use in their local area.
We will cover:
• To what extent transport contributes to greenhouse gas emissions in Scotland and how we measure up globally.
• How to set up and develop an active travel project – this could be an initiative that will directly help people to get walking, wheeling and cycling or a community action plan for encouraging sustainable travel in your area.
• The resources, funding and support available from Sustrans.
There will be plenty of opportunity for interaction through discussion and activities. Please let us know if you have any accessibility requirements and we will do our best to accommodate these before, during and after the session.
The session will be held on Microsoft Teams. A link will be sent to you by email in advance of the session. We will include a short guide to using Teams with this email.
Book your ticket here
This event is the second instalment of a three-part Community and Active Travel series:
• Cost of Living, Community and Active Travel – Wed, 25 Jan 2023
• Climate, Community and Active Travel – Wed, 22 Feb 2023
• Cars, Community and Active Travel – Wed, 29 Mar 2023