- This event has passed.
Collaboration to scale-up community sustainability action
August 18, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmFree
Many public sector bodies, including Local Authorities, have a mandate to support sustainability action and to facilitate community engagement in their regions. At the same time, many community-led initiatives and intentional communities are developing creative regenerative practices.
The Ecovillage Transition in Action (ETiA) is an innovative, international project that is slowly concluding and we are looking forward to sharing the results with different audiences and seeing how they might support your work. The project researched the following questions:
• How do we scale up regenerative practices that are developed and implemented in community-led initiatives such as Ecovillages and Transition Towns?
• How do we implement and embed local authority sustainability policies in communities?
• How do we support thriving collaborations to collectively achieve sustainability transitions beyond the community level?
The team produced a Handbook, along with a Trainers’ handbook, a Toolkit of resources and a Navigation tool to facilitate better collaboration between community-led initiatives and local authorities and other partners and to enable them to co-create a better future.
In this workshop we will explore how to thrive and scale through collaboration; using these tools and more.
• To explore why collaboration on sustainability is fruitful for communities and local government
• To investigate who might collaborate or facilitate collaboration and how to initiate this
• To discuss how collaboration may be supported using ETiA project Toolkit, Handbooks and Navigation tool for mutual mapping across SDGs and Map of Regeneration and developing trust and relationships
This workshop will be delivered in collaboration with the University of St Andrews, Sustainable Scotland Network and Learning for Sustainability Scotland.