- This event has passed.
Edinburgh’s sustainable community projects are a force for good
November 9, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 amFree
The City of Edinburgh Council has pledged to ensure that the city operates on a net-zero carbon basis by 2030. This ambitious target is 15 years before Scotland’s national net-zero target of 2045.
In order to achieve this, businesses and stakeholders from across the public, private and third sectors, as well as local community groups, will need to act together to deliver a local zero-carbon economy for the city.
At this panel event we’ll highlight the importance of local community groups and third sector organisations working together to help drive the net-zero transition for the city and showcase the fantastic initiatives taking place in the local community. We will also highlight the important role the circular economy plays in the net-zero agenda. We will be joined on the day by:
- Bridie Ashrowan, Chief Executive at EVOC (Chair)
- Charlie Wright, Community Engagement & Networks Coordinator, Our Future Edinburgh
- Elaine Brown, Chief Executive Officer, Edinburgh Remakery
- Jonny Kinross, Chief Executive, Grassmarket Community Project
- Alan Gordon, Community Engagement, Food & Climate Officer, Edible Estates